After studying Chapter 19, in addition to defining key terms, you will be able to:
- LO1 Record the buying of a plant asset.
- LO2 Analyze the cost of individual assets bought as a bundle.
- LO3 Calculate and record the payment of property tax.
- LO4 Calculate depreciation expense.
- LO5 Calculate depreciation for a partial year.
- LO6 Calculate accumulated depreciation and book value.
- LO7 Prepare plant asset records.
- LO8 Journalize annual depreciation expense.
- LO9 Record the sale of a plant asset for book value.
- LO10 Record the sale of a plant asset for more/less than book value.
- LO11 Calculate depreciation using the double declining-balance method.
- LO12 Record the buying of an intangible asset.
- LO13 Calculate and record amortization expense.
19 mastery and Challenge problems