CTE Competencies Covered:
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Personal Qualities and People Skills
1: Demonstrate positive work ethic.
2: Demonstrate integrity.
3: Demonstrate teamwork skills.
4: Demonstrate self-representation skills.
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Professional Knowledge and Skills
8: Demonstrate effective speaking and listening skills.
9: Demonstrate effective reading and writing skills.
10: Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
15: Demonstrate time-, task-, and resource-management skills.
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Technology Knowledge and Skills
18: Demonstrate proficiencies with technologies common to a specific occupation.
19: Demonstrate information technology skills.
20: Demonstrate an understanding of Internet use and security issues.
Developing Basic Economic Concepts and Structures
34: Describe how consumers, businesses, and government decision-makers face scarcity of resources and must make trade-offs and incur opportunity costs.
35: Explain that economic choices often have long-term, unintended consequences.
36: Describe how effective decision-making requires comparing the additional costs (marginal costs) and additional benefits (marginal benefits).
- DE Econ Unit 1 Slide Show with pictures
- Unit 1 Economics Reading Packet
- Unit 1 Cover sheet
- Unit 1 Combined test and Vocab quiz******
- Unit 1 Economics Vocabulary
- Unit 1 Student Notes Packet
- Unit 1 Test Study Guide
- Unit 1 Review Jeopardy
- Vocabulary Quiz
- Economics 101 Key
- VE Dec Making – Scarcity Opp Cost
- Activity 3 – Franklin’s Decision
- Advice to the Sellers
- Consumer Product Ranking Form
- VE Marginal Utility Activities 2 Demo MA
- Marg Cost ben Dimini MU Version 2
- VE Why People Trade
- Unintended Consequences
- Intro to Economics
- The Choices we Make
- Opportunity Cost Definition and Real-World Example
- Video: Discuss Diminishing Marginal Utility Video of DMU (start at 1:03)
- I Love Lucy Famous Chocolate Scene
- Do Incentives Matter for the Economy?
- Trade can make everyone better off
- How to Make a $1500 sandwich in 6 months -(beware they do kill the chicken) can skip from 2:30 to 2:43
- Unintended Consequences – Stossel In The Classroom