Coversheet 17 coversheet
Student workbook pages (SWB) 17 SWB chapter 17
Student resources 17 resource
Student Notes 17 lecture series with notes
chapter 16 & 17 study guide 16 _17 study guide
Chapter Summary Form
Textbook (chapter 16, 17, 18, 19) Textbook Unit 6 chatper 16_17_18_19
- Foldable (17.1 & 17.2) 17_1 vocabulary foldable and 17_2 vocabulary foldable
- Index cards 17 vocabulary cards
- standard (17.1 & 17.2) 17_1 vocabulary and 17_2 vocabulary
17.1 What you’ll learn:
- Distinguish the roles of corporate directors and corporate officers.
- List the rights shareholders have.
- Explain the business judgment rule
- Explain the fairness rule.
- Describe the liability of corporate directors and officers.
If you ever manage or buy stock in a corporation, you need to know how a corporation is run and what rights shareholders have.
17.2 What you’ll learn:
- Describe the different types of corporate stock.
- Distinguish between a merger, a consolidation, a conglomerate.
- Explain asset acquisition and stock acquisition.
- Identify the ways a corporation can be terminated.
Knowing the laws that regulate corporate financing, expansion, and dissolution will prepare you for any dealings you might have with a corporation in the future.