- Cover sheet – 2 Coversheet
- Student workbook pages (SWB) – 2 SWB chapter
- 2 resource class of crime
- Textbook – Textbook Unit 1 chapter 1_2_3
- Kahoot review for Test
2.1 You will learn:
- Explain the differences between categories of crime
- Distinguish federal from state criminal law
- Describe the elements of a crime
- Determine several defenses to criminal acts.
- Explain the differences between penalties for committing felonies and misdemeanors
Why it’s important – Knowing the elements of a crime and the defenses to crimes will help you if you are ever accused of a crime of the victim of a crime.
2.1 Wrap Up:
- SWB (student workbook) pages 12-14
2.2 You will learn:
- Describe the different categories of crime
- Identify several special crimes that involve the use of motor vehicles
- Define different types of business crimes, such as arson, forgery and embezzlement
Knowing how to distinguish among various crimes will help you understand criminal liability.
2.2 Wrap Up:
- SWB pages 16-20
Chapter 2 Review and Assessment
- Key Points Review #2-18