Coversheet 8 coversheet
Notes 8 notes
Student workbook pages (SWB) 8 SWB chapter 8
Chapter Summary Form
Textbook (chapter 7, 8, 9) Textbook unit 3 chapter 7_8_9
- Foldable (8.1 & 8.2) 8_1 vocabulary foldable and 8_2 vocabulary foldable
- Index cards: 8 vocabulary cards 8 vocabulary cards and
- standard (8.1 & 8.2) 8_1 vocabulary and 8_2 vocabulary
8.1 What you’ll learn:
- Distinguish between real property, personal property, and fixtures.
- Describe the different types of co-ownership of personal property.
- Explain the concept of intellectual property
- Give examples of intellectual property
- Define the laws of patents, copyrights, and trademarks
Knowing the law about personal property will help you protect your possessions.
8.2 What you’ll learn:
- Define bailment
- Explain the different types of bailments
- Discuss the standard of care bailees must use
- Define a hotel keeper’s liability
- Identify a common carrier’s liability for loss or damaged goods.
Knowing the law of bailment will help you understand your rights when you let someone hold your property for you.