- 6670-34 Investigate the history and emerging advances (e.g., personal digital assistants (PDA’s) of information technology.
- 6670-37 Explore basic binary concepts and their applications in the information technology.
- 6670-47 Identify the basic parts of a computer system and then relationship among components.
- 6670-48 Describe characteristics and functions of CPU’s, motherboards, random access memory (RAM), expansion connections, floppy drivers, hard drives, and CD-ROM drivers.
- 6670-53 Describe the basic computer start-up sequence.
Upon completion of this lesson, you should be able to:
- Understand the importance of computers
- Define computers and computer systems
- Classify computers
- Identify system components
- Identify types of storage devices
- Care for storage media
- Explore computers in your future
PowerPoint (had to be broken down into sizes that the website could handle
- Textbook PowerPoint
- Textbook Review and projects (1 Scanned textbook copy)
- L1 – Comp and Comp Systems textbook A
- L1 – Comp and Comp Systems textbook B
- L1 – Comp and Comp Systems textbook C
- Vocabulary – L1 – Vocabulary
- Lesson Review & Assignments – L1 – Assignments 2017
- Student Notes – Lesson 01 STudent Notes
- Notes PowerPoint – Lesson 01 STudent Notes-qzo1h5
- L1 – Coversheet L1 – Coversheet-1zukwdd
- Notes – Binary Notes
- Worksheet – L1 – Decimal to Binary Conversion Worksheet
- Worksheet – L1 – Binary L1 – Binary to Decimal Worksheet
- Worksheet – L1 – Binary from decimal
- How to do Binary Finger Counting – L1 – Binary Finger Counting, L1 – Binary Counter (hands on)
- ASCII numbers – L1 – ascii table Binary Notes
- Binary Games:
- Misc Assignments
Video series the inside of your computer:
- How do I understand my computer
- Microsoft Surface table top Demo
- Understanding your mother board
- Understanding and upgrade RAM
Worksheet: Computers All Around Us