- 6670-47 Identify the basic parts of a computer system and the relationships among components.
- 6670-48 Describe characteristics and functions of CPU’s, motherboards, random access memory (RAM), expansion connections, floppy drives, hard drives, and CD-ROM drivers.
- 6670-49 Explain the functions and characteristics of system expansion devices (e.g., graphics cards, sound cards, and modems.
- 6670-50 Demonstrate the use of connectivity devices and peripheral equipment (e.g., portable storage devices, printers, cable modem, and wireless technologies).
- 6670-51 Perform basic operations in an operating system environment.
Upon completion of this lesson, you should be able to:
- Identify and describe standard and specialized input devices.
- Identify and describe standard and specialized output devices.
- Connect input and output devices to a computer.
- Consider computer performance factors.
Textbook (since there is only classroom set, here is PP that is the textbook) 2 Lesson scan copy of textbook copy
- L2 – Input, Output, and Processing PP Part A
- L2 – Input, Output, and Processing PP Part B
- L2 – Input, Output, and Processing PP Part C
- Student notes PowerPoint – Lesson 02 Student Notes-24yjgy1
- Student Notes – Lesson 02 Student Notes
- Vocabulary- L2 – Vocabulary
- Coversheet –L2 – Coversheet-17eh6vg
- Assignment (lesson review and projects) – L2 – Assignments 2017
- Input devices worksheet – L2 – Identify the Alternative Input Devices
- Output devices worksheet – L2 – Identify the Alternative Output Devices
- L2 – Little Bytes to Really Big Bytes worksheet (website)