Upon completion of this lesson, you should be able to:
- Identify how hardware and software interact.
- Explain how a software program works.
- Describe the difference between application software and system software.
- Describe the software distribution process.
- 6620-47 identify the basic parts of a computer system and the relationships among components.
- 6620-58 Install and configure hardware in a computer system.
- 6620-60 Perform basic software configuration operations.
- 6620-63 Describe risk-mitigation techniques (e.g., policies, procedures, hardware, and software).
- 6620-64 identify basic security risks inherent to computer hardware and software.
- 6 scan textbook Copy
- Textbook PowerPoint – L6 – Software and Hardware Interaction textbook PP
- Assignment (lesson review and Projects) – L6 – Assignments 2007
- Vocabulary – L6 – vocabulary
- Cover sheet – L6 – Coversheet
- Student Notes – Lesson 06 student notes
- Student Notes PowerPoint – Lesson 06 PP
- Test Chapter 5 & 6
- Floppy Disk Lab
- other Resources