- 7 scanned textbook Copy
- Textbook PowerPoint – L7 – Software Fundamentals textbook PP
- Assignment (lesson review and Projects) – L7 – Assignments 2017
- Vocabulary – L7- Vocabulary
- Cover sheet – L7 – Coversheet
- Student Notes – Lesson 07 notes
- Student Notes PowerPoint – Lesson 07 PP
- Other Resources:
- Application vs. System Software – L7 – Application software vs
- File Extensions – File Extensions Project
Upon completion of this lesson, you should be able to:
- Identify the fundamental concepts of
- word-processing software.
- spreadsheet software.
- presentation software.
- database software.
- graphics and multimedia software.
- education and entertainment software.
- Identify the types and purposes of utility programs.
- Identify other types of miscellaneous software programs.
- 6670-36: Identify the classes of software associated with information systems.
- 6670- 56: Investigate the building stages of a computer.
- 6670-57: Describe the importance of system maintenance and preventative measures, including the consequences of not taking preventive measures.
- 6670-58: Install and configure hardware in a computer system.
- 6670-61: Install and configure anti-X software (e.g., anti-virus, anti-spy ware, and anti-spam).
- 6670-62: Identify basic problems associated with computer hardware, operating system, and application software.
- 6670-63: Describe risk-mitigation techniques (e.g., policies, procedures, hardware, and software).
- 6670-81: Explain the steps in a program life cycle. (optional)